CARERS WEEK 2021 – Covid and Beyond
Covid and Beyond: Caring for Carers, Mental Health, Wellbeing and Resilience
Home Group, Councillor Paulette Hamilton & Dr Justin Varney
Present on Tuesday 8th June
A presentation on the challenges that carers encountered as a result of Covid. The schedule for today is as follows:
- 1:15pm – Introduction. Councillor Paulette Hamilton will open the event to discuss the Covid-19 pandemic, and how it has been disproportionately challenging and the remarkable resilience carers have shown.
- 1:20pm – Home Group Presentation. Home Group will deliver a presentation on the multitude of challenges that carers have encountered during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 1:30pm – Helen Wadley’s Thoughts. Helen Wadley shares some thoughts and observations from the Birmingham MIND’S perspective.
- 1:40pm – Dr Justin Varney Update. An update from Birmingham’s Director of Public Health, Dr Justin Varney, with regards to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 1:55pm – Q + A. Hosted by Simon Fenton, CEO of Forward Carers
- 2:10pm – Conclusion. A summary and final thoughts from the Cabinet Advisor for Carers, Councillor Locke.
Presentation will take place using TEAM’s
If you would like to attend the presentation, please contact:
Rafiya 07990 442 300
Lydia 0758 615 7944
Mick 07713 385 893