CARERS RIGHTS DAY – Warm Home & Legal Workshop
Are you nervous about the increases in energy prices and want to know what you can do? Have you thought about legal rights as a Carer?
Come along and hear about what support is available to you as an unpaid Carer, have the opportunity to meet other organisations from the area who can support you in your caring role and enjoy talking with other Carers over lunch.
What you will learn
We have invited The National Energy Action team to come along and deliver an insightful workshop around:
- Managing energy costs – information on the energy crisis, energy prices, smart meters and top tips on managing energy bills
- Support schemes – grants and schemes to help with bills, including where to go for 1-2-1 support
- Reducing energy use – understanding energy use, energy saving tips and grants for energy efficiency improvements
- Keeping safe – how to sign-up the Priority Services Register and keep people safe if there was a power cut or if the gas supply was interrupted
We will then be joined by Aimee from Central Law England who will lead a session around:
- Where the duties come from
- Adult’s with care and support needs rights
- Carers rights
- What the options are to challenge a local authority when things don’t work as they should
- A couple of case studies
How to Book
The event will be held at The Jennifer Blackwell Performance Space, Symphony Hall, Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2EA . Book your FREE place here.